- We were here: 2 days at the beginning of October 2018.
- Number of days needed: 2. If you are going on a day trip to Mount Hua, then 3. If you are a fan of archeology, you probably need a week.
- My score: 3/5. No doubt it is a city worthy of a visit, but I am not sure if I would repeat it, and certainly not in the next few years, I explain below why.
- We were here: 3 days at the end of September 2018.
- Number of days needed for a visit: at least 2.
- My score: 4/5.
My Chinese cousin Jiaping told me once, “I love living in Spain, but even better is that the day I want to return to my city, I’ll be returning nothing less than to Shanghai”. At that moment I could imagine what she was referring to, but now that I have seen it with my own eyes, I understand perfectly the reason of her satisfaction face. Continue reading “SHANGHAI”
Our itinerary begins at the famous but not very remarkable Piata Unirii, in which only one fountain, the shopping center to the east and some coffee shops stand out. Continue reading “ITINERARY: BEST THINGS TO DO IN BUCHAREST IN ONE DAY”
- I was here: June 20, 2018.
- Recommended number of days: none.
- My score: 1/5.
As in many other cases, this city does not fail because it is dangerous or unpleasant, but because it does not have any relevant tourist attraction itself; it is the closest urban spot to Ephesus though, which deserves a visit and is barely 3 km away. Continue reading “SELÇUK”
- I was there 3 days at the end of December 2005 and 3 more in March 2012.
- Recommended number of days: 2, plus one for the Great Ocean Road.
- My score: the city 4/5, but because of my friends Kym and Tam I rate it 5/5. If you knew them, you would also do it.
The first time I went to Melbourne I did not intend to spend so many days, but I was exhausted after a month without rest visiting the east coast, the Northern Territories and the desert, so I decided to take it easy, and discovered a so nice city, that the second time I saved time to spare to enjoy it again properly. Continue reading “MELBOURNE”
- I was here: April 18, 2013.
- Number of days recommended: the only recommendable thing is to visit its neighbor Aoshima and continue.
- My score: 1/5.
As I usually clarify when I low score a city (1/5 means “I do not recommend going”), Miyazaki is not a dangerous or unpleasant city. On the contrary, Continue reading “MIYAZAKI”
This is my face on more than one occasion in terms of modern / contemporary art. It’s true that I do not know how to appreciate it (so I hope my criticisms do not offend any scholar in the subject) as I am not even by far an expert in classical art, but I do realize what I like when I see it, whether because I find it aesthetic, original or hardworked. My first criterion is that when something is good most people like it, may they understand what they are observing or not. Continue reading “MUSEUM OF MODERN ART (MoMA) AND GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM IN NEW YORK CITY”
Nothing bombastic or ostentatious as it might seem by its name, this museum is named for the aircraft carrier in which it is located since 1974. Continue reading “INTREPID SEA, AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM IN NEW YORK CITY”
Although we usually refer to the main building, it is a set of 3 museums, the first being one of the most popular in the city and one of the most important in the world. Continue reading “METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART (MET) AND CLOISTERS, NEW YORK CITY”
Brooklyn wants to be the new Manhattan, and is striving hard for everyone to know, but no matter how much is publicized, it will hardly ever reach the level of popularity and interest that its neighbor the Big Apple awakens, and certainly if that it’s coming, it still has not. Continue reading “BROOKLYN”