Santiago is a city of more than 6 million inhabitants, but almost all places of interest are within walking distance of the historic center. Continue reading “TOP THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN SANTIAGO DE CHILE IN ONE OR TWO DAYS AND BEST ONE DAY EXCURSIONS”
ITINERARY: THE BEST OF REYKJAVIK IN A HALF OR ONE DAY
The following itinerary I consider that covers the most interesting spots in the city and can be visited in half a day, unless we decide to enter the museums, in that case we will need at least full day.
- I was in Kagoshima City: on April 16, 2013.
- Number of recommended days: in a day you can visit it, including Sakurajima if you hurry up.
- My score: 2/5.
Kagoshima is a city of just over 600,000 inhabitants, the most important in southern Kyushu by population. Although there are few foreign tourists who come to these lands, those who we want to explore the country in depth and many Japanese are interested in it because: Continue reading “KAGOSHIMA CITY (鹿児島)”
Makati is certainly not the most attractive place in the country, although it may be the least unpleasant spot in Manila, and since it is very likely that at some point we will have to go through the city, we will have to do something during the hours or days we spend here. Continue reading “MAKATI: DANGERS, WHAT TO DO, WHERE TO SLEEP, EAT, PARTY AND GO SHOPPING”
- We were in Guilin for 2 days in the middle of October 2018.
- Recommended number of days: 1 or 2.
- My score: 3/5.
The first destination advertised for tourist by the government itself back in 1949 is, as the name suggests, a city in its entirety, with more than one million inhabitants. So much that most of the time we can not see the famous peaks that we have heard so much about, Continue reading “GUILIN (桂林) CITY”
- We were here: 4 days in the middle of October 2018.
- Number of days required: minimum 3, but perfectly we could spend twice as much time.
- My score: 5/5.
Karst landscape never disappoints in terms of beauty: with impossible peaks, the shape of the mountains in this area is surreal. Continue reading “GUILIN, YANGSHUO ANG LONGJI”
- We were here: September 26, 2018.
- Recommended number of days: at least one full day, including overnight stay. Better if they are two.
- My score: I doubt between rating it 3 or 4/5.
Most visitors think Suzhou is a town with canals and gardens and not a full-blown city with almost 6 million inhabitants. The truth is that it is both, Continue reading “SUZHOU”
- We were here: 2 days at the end of October 2018, plus another day for the Great Wall.
- Number of days needed for the city (without the wall): 3.
- My score: 3/5, but because of the wall 4/5.
The Great Wall of China is one of the most extraordinary constructions that man has made. Continue reading “BEIJING”
- We were here: 3 days at the end of September 2018.
- Number of days needed for a visit: at least 2.
- My score: 4/5.
My Chinese cousin Jiaping told me once, “I love living in Spain, but even better is that the day I want to return to my city, I’ll be returning nothing less than to Shanghai”. At that moment I could imagine what she was referring to, but now that I have seen it with my own eyes, I understand perfectly the reason of her satisfaction face. Continue reading “SHANGHAI”
- Al was here: 2 days by the end of November 2005 and 5 by the end of February 2012.
- Number of days needed: at least 2.
- My score: 5/5.