Mediterranean islands never disappoint, they are a sure bet. Corsica is not only as beautiful as the others, is possibly the most complete, and therefore, possibly the best; It has all kinds of attractions, mixing some of the best things in Spain, France and Italy: Continue reading “Corsica”
- I was there 3 days at the end of December 2005 and 3 more in March 2012.
- Recommended number of days: 2, plus one for the Great Ocean Road.
- My score: the city 4/5, but because of my friends Kym and Tam I rate it 5/5. If you knew them, you would also do it.
The first time I went to Melbourne I did not intend to spend so many days, but I was exhausted after a month without rest visiting the east coast, the Northern Territories and the desert, so I decided to take it easy, and discovered a so nice city, that the second time I saved time to spare to enjoy it again properly. Continue reading “MELBOURNE”
- I was here: April 18, 2013.
- Number of days recommended: the only recommendable thing is to visit its neighbor Aoshima and continue.
- My score: 1/5.
As I usually clarify when I low score a city (1/5 means “I do not recommend going”), Miyazaki is not a dangerous or unpleasant city. On the contrary, Continue reading “MIYAZAKI”
- We were here: two days in mid-October 2008.
- Recommended number of days: at least 2. I would have stayed one more day.
- My score: 3/5, but if I lived in Japan, I would certainly repeat it frequently.
Just 60 km east of the traditional Takayama, and with dozens of routes varying in length and difficulty, from simple flat walks along the river bank, to multi-day treks that Continue reading “JAPANESE ALPS: KAMIKOCHI”