The prefecture further south in Japan, apart from Okinawa, is a great unknown to foreign tourists, and yet, in addition to being quiet, scenic and with good weather, it has a variety of attractions and interesting sites: Continue reading “Kagoshima Prefecture”
Updated on February 28, 2019
- I was there: at the end of March 2013, 5 days.
- Time needed: as much as you can.
- My score: 5/5, I did not get tired, nor will I get tired of seeing it.
The Sakura Hanami, which literally means “look at the cherry blossoms”, is one of the favorite events, if not the most important, in this nation. Continue reading “TOP PLACES IN TOKYO FOR CHERRY BLOSSOMS (SAKURA HANAMI)”
- I was here: April 27th, 2013, and that year the flowering was already ending.
- Time needed to visit it: one hour.
- My score: 4/5.
After the pristine beaches in Yoron-to, a post-apocalyptic village in Hashima and a fairy-tale river in Takachiho, now it’s the turn of one of the most beautiful gardens in Japan, which like the previous ones, practically all foreign tourists miss. Continue reading “KITAKYUSHU: KAWACHI FUJI-EN GARDEN AND ITS WISTERIA TUNNEL”
- We were here: February 2016.
- Number of days: 2.
- My score: I would rate 1/5, which in my opinion is “without interest, it’s OK if you miss it” but let’s face it, you can hardly go to the Philippines without going through Manila, and as long as you have to choose an area of the Capital, we will give Makati a 2/5.
Its official name is Eka Karya. Like most botanical gardens, it is nice, quiet and spacious. Plant lovers aside Continue reading “BOTANIC GARDEN AND BALI TREE TOP ADVENTURE PARK”
Although one of the main temples, the Goa Gajah is not one of the biggest, not the most famous, Continue reading “GOA GAJAH TEMPLE, THE ELEPHANT CAVE”
Updated on February 25, 2019
- I was here twice, half day in November 2008 and half day in April 2013.
- Number of days recommended: half day.
- My score: 3/5.
So, if my score is 3-5, I usually mean that it is okay to visit but I would not repeat it, why have I come here twice? Because the first time I arrived late and the Korakuen was closed. Okayama (岡山) only has these two attractions, but I think they are interesting enough for a visit. Continue reading “OKAYAMA: KORAKUEN GARDEN AND THE CASTLE”