- I was here: one day in April 2013.
- Recommended number of days: one.
- My score: 3/5.
The first thing to keep in mind before coming and during our stay in Kirishima is that, given its intense volcanic activity, as of April 2019 there are stretches of the main trails closed to hikers: Continue reading “BEST HIKING ROUTES IN KIRISHIMA NATIONAL PARK”
- I was here: April the 17th in the afternoon and 18th in the morning, 2013.
- Recommended number of days: nowadays one full day. If at some point the volcanic activity decreases, then two.
- My score: 2/5.
This national park in Kyushu is located mainly to the northeast of Kagoshima Prefecture, although a part is in the neighboring Miyazaki Prefecture. It is actually a Continue reading “KIRISHIMA NATIONAL PARK”
I know this province very well, or should, because it is where I live. What better way to honor Andalusian day than to introduce one of the most interesting provinces of such an interesting country as Spain, where, in turn, there are not many who know what it offers apart from its coast: Continue reading “MALAGA PROVINCE”
- We were here: September 28 and 29, 2018.
- Recommended number of days: 2.
- My score: 4/5.
If there is anything that abounds in China, they are the mountains. There are from small coastal hills to some of the highest in the world in Tibet, but those that Chinese really like are not those of the Himalayas but Continue reading “YELLOW MOUNTAIN OR MOUNT HUANG (HUANGSHAN 黄山)”
- We were here: October 12, 2018.
- Number of days recommended: there is a lot to see; for the most interesting save 2, if we intend to visit everything, between 3 and 4 days.
- My score: 4/5.
This is one of the most magical places in China, which, as in many other cases, is overlooked by the majority of foreign tourists, and yet it is not totally unknown: Continue reading “ZHANGJIAJIE (张家界)”
- We were here: October 17, 2018.
- Number of days needed: 2. We would gladly have stayed a second day having had more time.
- My score: 5/5.
It is not that this place is more or less beautiful than Guilin mountains, it is different but equally impressive; if I rate it a bit higher is because there are not as many rice terraces as karst mountains in China. This is simply a lovely site. Continue reading “LONGJI RICE TERRACES (龙脊梯田)”
- We were here: October 3, 2018.
- Number of recommended days: 1 if we have seen other Chinese mountains, 2 otherwise.
- My score: 2/5, although this depends even more on if other mountains among the important ones in the country have been visited before, since at least one should be a mandatory stop (what would mean 3/5 or higher), regardless of whether we are countryside fans or not.
- I was here: from March 17 to April 17, 2011.
- Number of days needed: less than 15 is cheating.
- My score 4/5.
The oldest multiday hiking route (originated in the tenth century) and most popular in the old continent is the one that follows the different roads that lead from multiple points of Europe to Continue reading “(FRENCH) WAY OF SAINT JAMES”
- We were here: June 2013.
- Number of days necessary to hike its 180 km long with 22,000 meters of accumulated altitude: we did it in 13 days; the usual are between 10 and 15, but there are ultratrailers that runs it in 33 hours.
- My score: 4/5.
An attraction for a very specific public, the GR20 is one of the most spectacular, hardest and most rewarding multi-day hiking routes in Europe. Continue reading “GR20 IN CORSICA”