Mallorca has many beaches; there are long white sand and coves surrounded by vegetation. Of the latter, Cala Pi gathers everything: turquoise waters, cliffs surrounded by pine trees and a peaceful environment. Still not the most impressive cove in Mallorca, but one of the most recommended if we stay in Palma:
- It is not in a virgin area like other wonderful coves on the island, but these are quite far from Palma, while Cala Pi is on the way to Es Trenc, we can go to the two beaches on the same day.
- Although it is next to a village, it is in the western extreme of it; most of the buildings can not be seen from the beach, making it more attractive than other well-known ones such as Cala d’Or or Cala Murada.
HOW TO GET THERE
- Bus 525 is the only direct; € 5.55 one way, one hour, two a day (one in the early morning and one in the afternoon).
- It takes about 40 minutes by car. There should be enough room to park in the village, hopefully not in the blue zone.
- Although it is very close to Sa Rapita, you can not reach Es Trenc by the coast; you have to go back to the Ma-6014 road, so it will take about 20-30 minutes depending on the area of Es Trenc to where you want to go.
In the west end of the village of the same name, where you can find all kinds of restaurants and accommodation. There are no facilities on the beach itself, which is appreciated, as it is much quieter without bars and music. It is accessed by steps, and therefore not suitable for people with reduced mobility. The cove is just 50 meters wide but the sand inland is more than 100, there will be room if we do not mind putting the towel away from the shore.
MORE IN MALLORCA:
<DRACH CAVES TRAMONTANA>
∇ Destinations / ∇ Spain / ∇ Balearic Islands / ∇ Mallorca / Best beaches in Mallorca
3 thoughts on “BEST BEACHES IN MALLORCA: CALA PI”
Pingback: MALLORCA – Al Was Here
Pingback: BEST BEACHES IN MALLORCA: ES TRENC – Al Was Here
Pingback: LAS MEJORES PLAYAS DE MALLORCA: CALA PI – Al Was Here