- I was here: June 2004 and September 2016.
- Number of days: 6.
- My rating: 4/5.
All the islands in the Mediterranean are somewhat similar, and really beautiful and interesting at the same time. I do not know whether to consider Mallorca the largest of the small islands or the smallest of the big islands, but I do know that it is one of the most complete:
- Cities and towns:
- It has an interesting city for the tourists: Palma, pleasant to walk, to have something or go shopping; it takes at least a day to see it properly.
- In addition it has many towns, perhaps too many, to party. Although there are areas for all tastes, most of it is made up of a myriad of very wasted young Europeans, its paradise for some and intolerable for others.
- The villages of the Tramontana are beautiful and deserve at least one full day route.
- The beaches of the Mediterranean islands are mainly of two types: coves surrounded by vegetation or long beaches of fine white sand. Mallorca has them both, the other Balearics do not; it is debatable if they are the best, but they would have little to envy to those of their neighbors, and there are more beautiful beaches than you can see on your vacation.
- The Tramontana again, this time quoted by its natural aspect, a great mountain range for an island of this size, full of crags, pines, winding roads and cliffs.
- The Caves of the Drach, with the most curious stalacmites I have ever seen.
- Although it also has a great disadvantage: the tourist massification. It is no coincidence it is the third airport in air traffic in Spain (3,775,000 passengers in 2016). That is why on this island it is especially important to choose when to go and, if necessary, to sacrifice some ray of sun in order to avoid the European hordes and the consequent increase in prices.
I write about Mallorca at the request of two marriages of friends who do not know each other and who have decided to go on the same dates (June). I think it is a great idea; I hope you have at least 4 full days, although better if you have 5, we missed seeing the whole northeastern part of the island, a shame. Enjoy and do not eat much ensaimada.
WHAT TO SEE
- TYPICAL GASTRONOMY AND ACCOMMODATION