Mallorca has many beaches; there are long white sand and coves surrounded by vegetation. Both types are worth a visit. Wheter Es Trenc is the best on the island or not, there are many opinions, especially among the islanders themselves:
- The long sandy beach that we are dealing with rivals beauty and extension with others such as the ones in Alcudia and Cala Millor, but these are too close to houses and hotels, while Es Trenc is undeveloped because it belongs to a natural protected area. It is the last great virgin beach of the island. On the other hand, being on protected ground makes the beach very narrow and gets packed quickly, there is hardly room for two rows of umbrellas.
- Within the best large beaches, it is the least distant from Palma.
- Also, very close is Cala Pi, in case we want to see the two types of beach on the same day. The two times I have been to Mallorca I have gone to both, there must be a reason.
It’s approximately 6 km long, located between Sa Ràpita and Colonia de Sant Jordi, although the best part begins almost in the middle, where Ses Covetes.
HOW TO GET THERE
By public transport, from Palma’s Internodal Station:
- Colonia de Sant Jordi: bus 502 is the only direct bus (€ 6.40, 1 hour and 20 minutes, 11 daily from Monday to Saturday, 4 on Sundays).
- Sa Rapita: from May to October bus 515 is direct (€ 5.35, 50 minutes, 4 daily). In the low season you’ll have to take bus 500 (3 a day, 2 on Sundays), 501 (7 a day, 4 on Sundays) or 502 (11 a day, 4 on Sundays) to Llucmajor (3.55 €, 30 minutes ) Or Campos (5.05 €, 45 minutes) and change to 515.
By own or rental vehicle. A much more recommended option, which also allow us to reach Ses Covetes. It takes 45 minutes from Palma for those who don’t know the way. Parking is charged, except in an open field in Ses Covetes area; both get crowded fast. The most distant car parks are 15 minutes from the beach.
As it is not urbanized, apart from a few small bars whose demolition is already approved, there is no place to supply, so it is recommended to bring your own food and drinks, or you will have to go to the villages. The beach, although very long, is narrow, because where the dunes begin, there is a fence that delimits the natural protected area, in which we will not be able to enter. It’s supposed to be a nudist beach, but only few bathers practice it. The photos correspond to the area closest to Ses Covetes.
MORE IN MALLORCA:
<DRACH CAVES CALA PI>
∇ Destinations / ∇ Spain / ∇ Balearic Islands / ∇ Mallorca / Best beaches in Mallorca
4 thoughts on “BEST BEACHES IN MALLORCA: ES TRENC”
Pingback: LAS MEJORES PLAYAS DE MALLORCA: ES TRENC – Al Was Here
Pingback: MALLORCA – Al Was Here
Pingback: BEST BEACHES IN MALLORCA: CALA PI – Al Was Here
Pingback: DRACH CAVES – Al Was Here