The only great monument away from the center of Palma is definitely worth a visit: it is beautiful, in perfect condition and its location is optimal, surrounded by nature on the highest part of a hill overlooking the whole city.
HOW TO GET THERE
- By private vehicle you can go up to its gate, where there is a parking lot that is usually packed, but parking is allowed on both sides of the access road.
- Walking: from the Bellver carrer there is a pedestrian path surrounded by pine trees. It takes about 20 minutes but has many flights of stairs.
- By public transport:
- Bus 50 (tourist bus) is the only one that arrives until the entrance of the castle.
- Buses that leave you at the base of the hill are the numbers 3, 20 and 46.
SHCEDULES AND PRICES
- Adult admission € 4, reduced € 2. Free on Sundays.
- Closed on Mondays. Open from:
- April to September: Tuesday to Saturday 10:00 to 19:00, Sundays and holidays from 10:00 to 15:00.
- October to March: Tuesday to Saturday 10: to 18:00, Sundays and holidays from 10:00 to 15:00.
The upper part of the castle is not adapted for people with reduced mobility.
Built in the 14th century by King Jaime II, it is circular, which is unique in Spain, with three towers also circular and one separated from the main structure and joined by a bridge.
The castle is a mixture of fortification and royal residence. All rooms have access to the circular courtyard, where events are sometimes held.
It also houses the Museum of History of the City, which shows objects from the Talayotic culture to the present, passing through remains of the Roman and Arab occupation. Although it is only 112 meters above sea level, from the upper area there are good views of the city.
MORE IN PALMA DE MALLORCA:
<ONE DAY ITINERARY ESSENTIAL INFORMATION>
∇ Destinations / ∇ Spain / ∇ Balearic Islands / ∇ Mallorca / ∇ Palma de Mallorca
3 thoughts on “BELLVER CASTLE”
Pingback: EL CASTILLO BELLVER – Al Was Here
Pingback: PALMA DE MALLORCA, ONE DAY ITINERARY – Al Was Here
Pingback: PALMA DE MALLORCA – Al Was Here