The European economical capital is a country that, as a traveler, I find overrated. I do not consider it deserves the seventh place in the ranking of number of tourists in 2015 (it is placed 23rd in my personal one) but the numbers are what they are, and have a clear explanation, Germany has a place everyone wants to go:
- That place is Berlin, probably the most fashionable European capital. Everyone wants to go, everyone ends up going; many become absolutely fascinated, but those are more who return to say, “is really nice, but I expected even more”. It is a city that gives off a different vibe from the rest; floating in the air there’s this feeling of calm and fun at the same time, and that’s what makes it special and attractive. Its cultural heritage and leisure is hard to match, but do not expect a beautiful city like Prague or Budapest. Should you go see it? In my opinion, yes, definitely, you have to see it and enjoy it in no hurry.
- The rest of the cities in Germany lack somehow of this “cool” atmosphere, but most of them have managed to have at least one interesting thing to do. Examples are the center of Hamburg or Dresden, or the cathedrals in Cologne and Aachen. And of course, leisure in them is also around every corner.
- Its typical Central European villages are probably the most beautiful urban centers, although they are very similar to each other. The area between Heidelberg, Rothenburg and Bamberg is what arouses more interest.
- Nature: there are few who come to Germany looking for it. Given its size, it is logical to think that is not very varied: almost everything noteworthy are forests, existing some mountains and coasts of little interest. And yet, southern Germany is blessed with the Black Forest, considered one of the best and most beautiful ones in Europe.
- Gastronomic travelers: as any good globalized country, you can find everything. Typical dishes, by contrast, are not the most varied (or healthy); almost everything is composed of high-fat meat usually accompanied by beer. But the best in Germany is definitely that eating here is very cheap and the portions in restaurants are big.
- The weather is not extreme, so apart from the colder months, you can visit it almost any time of year.
- Organize a trip on your own is easy, and the chances of diseases or accidents are very low. Its roads and railways are among the safest and more extensive in the world, and in terms of public safety, is similar to the European standard. Lately it is being hit by terrorism and other circumstances, but nothing as remarkable as to consider not going.
In short, you have go to Berlin. The rest of the country is a reflection of its capital, it may fascinate you, or you’ll end up saying you expected something else.
27 thoughts on “Germany”
Pingback: ESSENTIAL INFORMATION IN FRANKFURT – Al Was Here
Pingback: THE FIRST UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE CATHEDRAL: AACHEN – Al Was Here
Pingback: ¿IS FRANKFURT WORTH A VISIT? – Al Was Here
Pingback: MUSEUMS AND PALM GARDEN IN FRANKFURT – Al Was Here
Pingback: COLOGNE – Al Was Here
Pingback: BERLIN – Al Was Here
Pingback: COLOGNE. COSTS AND MONEY. WHERE TO SLEEP, EAT AND DRINK. TRANSPORT. – Al Was Here
Pingback: COLOGNE, THINGS TO DO. – Al Was Here
Pingback: VISIT FRANKFURT DURING YOUR STOPOVER – Al Was Here
Pingback: TRANSPORT IN OTTAWA – Al Was Here
Pingback: Alemania – Al Was Here
Pingback: REICHSTAG BUILDING AND ITS FAMOUS DOME – Al Was Here
Pingback: BERLIN IN 24 HOURS – Al Was Here
Pingback: Belgium – Al Was Here
Pingback: BERLIN WALL: EAST SIDE GALLERY – Al Was Here
Pingback: Spain – Al Was Here
Pingback: DOHA AIRPORT AND VISA – Al Was Here
Pingback: MITTE, THE RETRO, VINTAGE, ATERNATIVE NEIGHBORHOOD ON FASHION IN BERLIN – Al Was Here
Pingback: MITTE, THE RETRO, VINTAGE, ALTERNATIVE NEIGHBORHOOD ON FASHION IN BERLIN – Al Was Here
Pingback: TOP THINGS TO DO IN FRANKFURT DURING YOUR STOPOVER – Al Was Here
Pingback: PERGAMON MUSEUM – Al Was Here
Pingback: BERLIN: WHEN TO GO, DANGERS AND ANNOYANCES – Al Was Here
Pingback: GETTING TO BERLIN BY LAND AND AIR AND HOW TO GO TO THE AIRPORTS – Al Was Here
Pingback: BUCHAREST: DANGERS AND ANNOYANCES – Al Was Here
Pingback: HONG KONG – Al Was Here
Pingback: Chile – Al Was Here
Pingback: PRAGUE: BEST TIME TO GO, ACCOMODATION, EATING – Al Was Here