MONEY AND COSTS
Like in the rest of Germany, neither accommodation nor food are particularly expensive compared to prices in other European countries.
- WHERE TO STAY. As always, for solo travelers the most economical option are hostels (about 20 € dorm). For couples, the best price / quality ratio is given by hotels like Ibis or Ibis Budget (around € 40), there are two (Centrum and Messe) of them in a 20 minute walk from the city center . It’s worthy investigating in apartments, like Airbnb websites, given their increased popularity.
- WHERE TO EAT. As a cosmopolitan city, travelers will find all kinds of cuisine in all price ranges. The cheapest are the stalls of German products, sausage type. Our favorite for its quality and affordable price is a Japanese, Sweet Sushi, Auf Dem Berlich 11, a 15 minutes walk from the cathedral.
- WHERE TO DRINK. If the weather is fine, definitely the best place to drink is any terrace in the historical center, in particular those facing the banks of the Rhine.
- IN THE CITY: interesting areas in Cologne are all within walking distance so it is recommended to look for accommodation near the center and walk. Should you require public transport, the best option is the tram. Tickets cost between € 1.9 and 2.4 depending on where you plan to go. There are day passes for € 6.8 and a € 9.6 pass that it can be used up to five people. The passes are the same for buses and trains. You must buy tickets at the machines and validate them before boarding the transport.
- To and from the AIRPORT: S13 train takes 20 minutes to get to the central station (Hauptbahnhof), costs € 2.8. A taxi to the center will cost about 30 €.
- By land: The central bus station and train station are next to each other in the center. Without getting off the train you can see the cathedral square.
MORE ON COLOGNE:
<THINGS TO DO
∇ Destinations / ∇ Germany / ∇ Cologne
4 thoughts on “COLOGNE. COSTS AND MONEY. WHERE TO SLEEP, EAT AND DRINK. TRANSPORT.”
Pingback: COLOGNE, THINGS TO DO. | Al Was Here
Have a look at Station Hostel. Was pretty good. Clean, safe and right in the centre of it all.
Pingback: COLONIA. PRECIOS, ALOJAMIENTO Y TRANSPORTE | Al Was Here
Pingback: COLOGNE – Al Was Here