In those gigantic countries where the main points of interest are hundreds, if not thousands of kilometers away from each other, knowing how to choose when to go can mean the difference between a magnificent experience or a hellish journey. Continue reading “WHEN TO GO, AND WHEN NOT TO GO TO CHINA”
- We were here: October 12, 2018.
- Number of days recommended: there is a lot to see; for the most interesting save 2, if we intend to visit everything, between 3 and 4 days.
- My score: 4/5.
This is one of the most magical places in China, which, as in many other cases, is overlooked by the majority of foreign tourists, and yet it is not totally unknown: Continue reading “ZHANGJIAJIE (张家界)”
- We were here: October 17, 2018.
- Number of days needed: 2. We would gladly have stayed a second day having had more time.
- My score: 5/5.
It is not that this place is more or less beautiful than Guilin mountains, it is different but equally impressive; if I rate it a bit higher is because there are not as many rice terraces as karst mountains in China. This is simply a lovely site. Continue reading “LONGJI RICE TERRACES (龙脊梯田)”
- We were here: half a day in October 2018.
- Number of days recommended: it is not recommended.
- My score: 1/5.
Almost every place I score as 1/5, which in my scale comes to mean “avoid it if you can”, usually receive that score not because they are horrible and / or dangerous, but because they have no point of tourist interest noteworthy, but this is not the case about Chongqing, which is undoubtedly the ugliest and most chaotic city we have visited in China. Continue reading “CHONGQING CITY”
Few foreigners know where it is or what is in it, in fact almost nobody knows its existence; There is not a single organized trip that passes through here, this being the way how more foreign tourists visit the country. Unknown to the world and yet, this province is a treasure within China. Continue reading “Sichuan (四川)”