- Al was here: in September 2013.
- Number of days: 3.
- My score: 3’5 / 5. It is not like to repeat it, but I particularly liked it, so why not another visit?
Legends vs facts about Toronto:
- It is the capital of Canada … IT IS NOT, nobody ever remembers Ottawa… But is the capital of Ontario.
- It is the largest and most populous city in Canada … about that, yes we agree. It is the main city in the country with more than 5 million inhabitants, making it the main economical center. Almost 50% of its inhabitants are not Canadian.
- It is the most beautiful city… in my opinion, no way, of course not, but each to his own taste.
- Has a very high tower … yes, it is the highest and most famous building, symbol of the country, which is no praise.
- Why that odd name? It is not known exactly, but it comes either from the Huron word “toran-ten” (meeting place) or mohawk “tkaronto” (where trees are built over the water). Seems like they were terse languages.
- Do people live okay here? In winter it is more or less nice, but during the 6 months a year, when the cold gets mild, is really nice:
- It is a very modern city with all facilities: restaurants, clubs, festivals … whatever you want and more.
- Despite being a big city, avenues are wide and there is greenery everywhere.
- It is a great example of multiculturalism; inhabitants from more than 140 nationalities live together in harmony.
- One of the cities with the lowest crime rate in America and a high standard of living. It is considered one of the cities with the highest quality of life in the world.
- And, speaking about what really matters now: worth a visit? At least once, yes. I would go back, not to visit the city, but to enjoy it, because as I say, it felt really nice there.
WHAT TO SEE
- ITINERARY: DOWNTOWN
- THE CN TOWER TORONTO
- THE TORONTO ISLAND PARK