- The main one is Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino, 30 km west:
- Taxi: flat fee of 48 € during the day. Be aware that Fiumicino City taxis charge more than those of Rome. You must find the white taxis with a ‘Roma Capitale’ sign on doors. It takes about an hour to the city center.
- Uber is assumed to work legally in Rome, although its website is not working properly.
- Shuttle (shared). There are two companies: Airport Connection Services and Airport Shuttle. Usually they charge from 30 €, this second company only 6 € extra per person.
- Train and bus:
- I recommend the FL1 train. Runs every 15 minutes, goes to four stations and costs 8 €.
- A little faster is the Leonardo Express but personally I do not recommend it, as it leaves every 30 minutes, it goes only to Termini and costs € 14 one way (+1 € if bought at the station).
- For those arriving during the night, the only option is the Cotral bus.
|Train FL1||Every 15 minutes (60 on holidays)||5:58 am to 11:28 pm||Trastevere
|Train Leonardo Express||Every 30 min||6:38 am to 11:38 pm||Termini||30 min||15 (14 online)|
|Bus Terravision||Every 30 min||5:35 am to 11:00 pm||Vía Marsala (Termini)||55 min||6 (discount online)|
|Bus SIT||Every 30-40 min||8:30 am to 11:50 pm||Vatican
Vía Marsala (Termini)
|Bus Cotral||8 per day||4 night buses||Termini
|1 hour||7 (5 online)|
- Ciampino. This airport is almost Ryanair’s. It is 15 km to the southeast.
- Taxi: costs € 30 fixed rate. 30 minutes.
- Shuttle: Airport Shuttle (shared), 25 € the first passenger and € 5 for each additional passenger.
- There is no train
- Bus: Cotral / Atral, just to get to the closest metro stations (€ 1.20).
|Terravision||Every 30 min||8:15 am to 12:15 am||Vía Marsala (Termini)||45 min||6 (discount online)|
|SIT||Every 30-40 min||7:45 am to 11:15 pm||Vía Marsala (Termini)||45 min||4 from Ciampino, 6 from Marsala|
- Train: the main station is Termini, two kilometers northeast of the Coliseum.
- Bus: the main station is Autostazione Tiburtina, 3 km northeast of Termini.
From both of them you can connect to the subway or different buses.
MORE ESSENTIAL INFORMATION IN ROME: