“Bravo” and “bellisima” are two typical Italian expressions that perfectly define their own country, one of the most beautiful and complete in the world at all levels that a tourist can desire. Like Spain and Japan, this is especially commendable, as we speak of a relatively small country in comparison to the number of interesting places it hosts.
- The Big Three:
- Rome, eternal, precious, lively, combining the old with the new, the quiet with the fun, the culture with the day by day, the stress with the dolce vita. Rome is not only the capital and most famous city in Italy, it is the city that best represents the country. Start with Rome, and continue with the rest. Also here is the Vatican.
- Venice. I have gone 4 times and will never tire of it. There are many cities that claim to be “Venice of the East”, “Venice of the North”, “Little Venice” … Any city with canals would want to be Venice, but they are not. For some the most beautiful city in the world, for others in Europe, for others in Italy, and for others only a beautiful city, but nobody overlook its extraordinary beauty and originality.
- Florence. There are not barely ruins here, there are no canals, and it is still the third in contention for the title of most suberb city in Italy.
- How many other cities are worth a visit? Milan with its Duomo, Siena with its central square, Verona with its amphitheater and Pisa with its famous tower are the best known but not the only secondary spots.
- The Big Three:
- Nature. Although not very varied, it is magnificent, and Italians have been able to combine in a very intelligent and harmonious way some of their villages with their best natural spaces: if a site is magnificent, why not live there and see it every morning? That’s why the following places do not deserve a day trip, they deserve to stay in each one for a week.
- The villages of the Cinque Terre and the Amalfi area, combine perfectly with the coast, forming an idyllic landscape.
- Something similar has been done in Sicily and Sardinia, where the towns and villages are situated in beautiful coves surrounded by pine trees and white sandy beaches.
- More dream islands, with coves, beaches and cliffs in Elba and Capri.
- But there are also lakes that deserve to be seen every day upon waking, those of Garda and Como and their picturesque villages are authentic wonders.
- All are not masses of water: impressive mountains in the Dolomites and Alps (the world-famous Mount Cervino makes the border with Switzerland), and the also known Vesuvius, responsible for the ruins of Pompeii.
- There are those who could eat Italian food every day of their life; I personally do not, but one every other day. Keep in mind that portions in restaurants are mandatory 80 grams, so those hungry ones should better stick to pizza. Perhaps it is the most international gastronomy, which speaks volumes in its favor, although on the other hand, you can find excellent Italian food anywhere in the world. Except in my opinion, ice cream, we still do not know how to copy them, the two best of my life have been in Italy, unforgettable.
- A country similar to the rest in Western Europe about prices, citizen security and ease to organize the trip.
- With a good climate in most of the country, without extreme temperatures or rains except somehow cold in the north in winter, it is never a bad time to visit Italy.
- And people, as in many countries, those of the north have little to do with those of the south, but perhaps it is the country where the north – south difference is more marked. In Italy they say that when a northerner goes to the south he cries twice: the day he goes, and the day he returns. In the north people are more serious, more organized, more European so to speak. In the south people are more disorganized and noisy, but more friendly.
To Italy everyone should go more than once. It has sites that are worth repeating and many others that when you see them for the first time, you will wonder why you had not seen them before, and is that it has so many so good, that those that are in the lists well below the famous destinations are by far better than most highlights in other countries.