Famous in the whole world since being one of the winners of the 7 Wonders of Nature contests in 2011, this river inside a cave, but with direct access to the sea, is a pleasant visit, although Continue reading “PUERTO PRINCESA UNDERGROUND RIVER AND OTHER ATTRACTIONS IN SABANG”
- Al was here: April 22, 2010.
- Time needed for a visit: 1 day should be enough.
- My score: 2/5 if you have been to Las Vegas, 3/5 if not.
With a historic Portuguese colonial center, some of the most luxurious casinos on the globe and thousands of traditional and ugly Chinese houses, Macau is a very curious and barely graceful mix. Continue reading “MACAU”
This is the most popular and well-known tour in El Nido, and probably the photographs of the entrance to the Big Lagoon are the ones that have put the focus of world tourist attention on the Philippines. Continue reading “BACUIT ARCHIPIELAGO IN EL NIDO, TOUR “A”: SMALL, BIG AND SECRET LAGOONS, SHIMIZU ISLAND AND SEVEN COMMANDO BEACH”
I know this province very well, or should, because it is where I live. What better way to honor Andalusian day than to introduce one of the most interesting provinces of such an interesting country as Spain, where, in turn, there are not many who know what it offers apart from its coast: Continue reading “MALAGA PROVINCE”
MARIMEGMEG / LAS CABANAS
We can also find it written as “Las Cabañas”, since that used to be was its Spanish. This is fine white sand great beach more accessible from El Nido Town and surroundings Continue reading “BEST BEACHES IN EL NIDO PENINSULA: MARIMEGMEG (LAS CABANAS) AND NACPAN”
- Al was here: 5 days in April 2010 and 2 days in March 2016.
- Number of days needed: between 2 and 3.
- My score: I’m rating it 4/5 because almost everyone I know say it’s a 3, but for some reason I do like it and I’d even rate it 5.
Visited by many as it is a frequent destination of aerial stopovers and appreciated by few, Hong Kong is the oldest of the modern Asian mega-cities. Continue reading “HONG KONG”
Access to Huangshan Mountain entrance is from Tangkou. To get there are two possibilities: Continue reading “HUANGSHAN MOUNTAIN: HOW TO GET THERE AND TO THE SUMMIT”
- I was here: 1 day in February 1995, 1 day in May 2008, 1 day in April 2010 and 2 half days in May 2016.
- Number of days needed: although lovely, the city is kind of small, in one day you can see the most important places, but ideally you should spend at least 2, or go back as many times as you can, as I do.
- My score: 5/5.
There are always those who are outstanding to highlight the negative aspects first. They will tell us that it looks old, canals are green and stinky, humidity in winter is unbearable and that there are so many tourists that it is impossible to enjoy it. And if you immediately ask that person if it is nice, she will tell you that it is incredibly beautiful. Continue reading “VENICE”
- We were here: September 28 and 29, 2018.
- Recommended number of days: 2.
- My score: 4/5.
If there is anything that abounds in China, they are the mountains. There are from small coastal hills to some of the highest in the world in Tibet, but those that Chinese really like are not those of the Himalayas but Continue reading “YELLOW MOUNTAIN OR MOUNT HUANG (HUANGSHAN 黄山)”