- We were here: February 2016
- Number of days: 2
- My rating: 4/5
Bittersweet are my memories of Sabang for a single reason, the intense rain and wind that happened the first day and a half. Despite the weather, I did not miss the enormous appeal of this place:
- Appeal ignored by the great majority of the tourists who go direct to the famous underground river of Puerto Princesa. One of the surprising winners of the of the 7 wonders of nature contest. The truth is that while it is not at all among the 7 or among the 57 best natural sites in the world, the underground river was much better than I expected, a very pleasant surprise, because of the river and the path to it.
- In addition Sabang has a spectacular beach, which unfortunately we could not enjoy due to the rain and wind, and several areas to walk in jungle and coast environments.
- And above all, the best thing is that nowadays in Sabang there are very few tourists. There are several hotels / b&bs at affordable prices for backpackers budget and the rest are great resorts, some of such luxury that you’ll truly feel envious, but even so the number of overnight travelers is scarce considering the appeal of the place.
All this makes Sabang a stop that I think should be mandatory on every trip to Palawan. Take advantage of it before more people find out.
WHAT TO SEE
- PUERTO PRINCESA UNDERGROUND RIVER
- ACCOMMODATION AND WHERE TO EAT