- We were here: February 2016.
- Number of days: 2 nights and one day.
- My score: 1/5 (you do not miss anything), but like Manila, you can hardly go to Palawan without passing through here.
I have a real problem with Puerto Princesa: I just took 8 pictures: one from the tricycle upon arrival, 3 in the hotel and 4 of us tasting the typical dishes. A site with so little interest that I did not think about making more photos even if it were just for documenting a future post about this city, capital of Palawan, with international airport, and still little to not at all attractive. Puerto Princesa does not have anything else than a lot of fish restaurants on the seaside boardwalk. Its center is ugly, noisy and congested, and its tiny airport, chaotic and without air conditioning. The majority of tourists arrive here on their way to El Nido, and those who stay do so for two reasons: to make a day trip to the Underground River of Puerto Princesa (which will belong to their district but is 37 km from the city, in Sabang) or diving at Honda Bay, but it is also the main base for exploring Tubbataha reef, considered the best in the Philippines and one of the best in the world, and sadly not suitable for beginners.
WHAT TO DO
- EXCURSION TO THE UNDERGROUND RIVER OF PUERTO PRINCESA
- DIVING IN HONDA BAY
- TRANSPORTATION, WHERE TO EAT, ACCOMMODATION