- We were here: October 3, 2018.
- Number of recommended days: 1 if we have seen other Chinese mountains, 2 otherwise.
- My score: 2/5, although this depends even more on if other mountains among the important ones in the country have been visited before, since at least one should be a mandatory stop (what would mean 3/5 or higher), regardless of whether we are countryside fans or not.
- We were here: June 2013.
- Number of days necessary to hike its 180 km long with 22,000 meters of accumulated altitude: we did it in 13 days; the usual are between 10 and 15, but there are ultratrailers that runs it in 33 hours.
- My score: 4/5.
An attraction for a very specific public, the GR20 is one of the most spectacular, hardest and most rewarding multi-day hiking routes in Europe. Continue reading “GR20 IN CORSICA”
- We were here: two days in mid-October 2008.
- Recommended number of days: at least 2. I would have stayed one more day.
- My score: 3/5, but if I lived in Japan, I would certainly repeat it frequently.
Just 60 km east of the traditional Takayama, and with dozens of routes varying in length and difficulty, from simple flat walks along the river bank, to multi-day treks that Continue reading “JAPANESE ALPS: KAMIKOCHI”